Friday, October 8, 2010

Who?

Somebody miscalled me just now. It’s an unknown. A string of alien numbers. Not Ah Gua or Ah Mao from my contact list. Not like I can remember every single person’s phone number but WHO nowadays is willing to take some little time and effort to memorise every number in their contact list? None, I believe. This complete reliance on the convenience of technology may even backfire one day. o.o


Michael Lynch from CPP said: "Brits' inability to recall numbers of their nearest and dearest means that many could be in a very tricky and distressing situation if their phone is lost or stolen, if they have no idea how to contact someone for help.

"This shows us that mobiles have literally become people's lifelines," he continued.

Psychologist Dr Glenn Wilson added: "As technology gets more sophisticated, our own memories are on the decline as we increasingly rely on information stored on phones and online."

"While this reliance can be problematic if people are totally dependent on an external memory store that is lost or becomes temporarily unavailable, it can also affect an individual's mental agility later in life. Like many other skills, memory needs exercising if the capacity is not to be lost," he continued.

Anyway, back to the unknown number just now. =.=

Gave myself a few seconds to wonder about it and then I decided to list it down as Who? - in case it’s somebody I know so maybe I would need this number in the future. Just when I was about to send Who? an enquiry message, I discovered there’s another Who? in my contact list! Eeeek. O__o

Uhuh, it’s like seeing a pair of identical twins doing the same action at the same time at the same place and you went WOoWowoo. Well, instead I’m wow-ing at my past+present self. Hello, haven’t changed much yeah? Happy to know a fragment of me is still here. =>

No comments:

Post a Comment